Engaging All Learners

Engaging All Learners
Studio Day April 2019

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Thank You

As we start this new school year, I am feeling so appreciative of so many blessings and so many people.


I am thankful for Barry Davis and the TCS Maintenance Department who have worked so hard to get buildings ready and to move three schools this summer.

I am thankful for all of our teachers for lovingly and creatively preparing their classrooms that will provide a welcoming environment for students.

I am especially thankful for our elementary teachers who have had a very small window of time for preparing their classrooms.  They have worked very late at night and on weekends to accomplish this task. 

I am thankful to the City of Trussville, the TCS Board, and Dr. Neill who have collaborated to provide so much for our schools.  

I am thankful for our gorgeous, second-to-none facilities.  It only takes a quick visit to neighboring districts to see just how fortunate we are.  

I am thankful to April Chamberlain and the tech department for the months of work that they have put into providing the technology we have all come to depend upon and appreciate.  

I am thankful to Kathy Burgin and Mandi Logan for everything they have done to get school going and to register all of our students.  They have had many nights this summer of working until 11:00 or 12:00 to get it all done. 

I am thankful for our academic coaches, Kelly McGough, Edra Perry, Jana Walls, Donna Brumlow, and Lisa Lothspeich, for planning and implementing exceptional professional learning this summer. (We are going to miss Donna and Lisa, but wish them well in their new roles.)

I am thankful for Theresa Ray for helping our staff acquire and renew their teaching certificates.  

I am thankful for our teachers for the many hours of professional learning in which they participated this summer.  

I am thankful for the Educator Effectiveness Team for working to develop a stellar plan for teacher growth.  This process took 15 months!  

I am thankful for our parents who entrust their children with us every day, knowing that we will care for them and that teachers have the knowledge and skill to make good decisions regarding children, teaching, and learning.


Thankful for another blessed school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment